Owning a pet is a huge responsibility, you need to make sure you care for your pets health by giving them the correct food, enough water, the right housing and enough exercise.
With so many cases of pets being miss-treated and incorrectly cared for I thought id share some of my tips, ideas and finding to help you maintain your pets health to the highest standard.
The most common family pet is the dog, often considered a family member and should be cared for in the same way. Depending on the size and breed of your dog different amounts of time should be allocated each day for walks, generally the larger the breed the longer you will need to spend walking.
There is not an exact amount of time you should walk your dog, timescales should be based on the following aspects
– The shorter your dogs legs the less distance he can go
– Hot weather will make your dog more prone to overheating so in the summer months it is wise to take shorter walks and remember to take a sufficient amount of water for your dog to drink.
– Generally dogs can walk further when walking on dirt trails or softer ground, rough concrete can be hard on the pads of their feet.
– Take into account your dogs age and health, if your dog is not used to being walked remember to break him in gently starting with short walks and gradually build up to longer ones.
– If your dog has health problems such as arthritis or heart disease it is best to seek advice from your veterinarian to discuss how far your dog should be walked.
Understanding what your dog is comfortable with when waling will keep your pets health in optimum condition.
When it comes to your pets health one of the main things you are in control of is what they eat. Generally when purchasing pet food the higher the cost the better the quality.
Always do your research to make sure you are feeding your pet exactly what they need, providing them with a well balanced diet that contains the vitamins and nutrients they need will keep your pet healthy and will lead to a longer happier life.
As humans we are responsible for our pets health and how we care for and feed them, remember that younger animals such as kittens or puppies will need a balanced formula food that is different for normal dog food, if given the wrong food it can lead to growth that is to fast which can then lead to bone, joint and many other problems.
Food You Should NEVER Feed A Dog
– Believe it or not one of the worst things you can give your dog is chocolate! Even in small amounts it can be fatal for smaller dogs and can cause serious problems with your pets health. This is due to Theo bromine which can increase the heart rate and blood pressure of your dog.
– Onions, feeding a dog onions can be fatal, onions contain a substance which alters and can destroy red blood cells in dogs this can lead to haemolytic anaemia and sometimes even death
Pet owners love their pets and although you may feel like you are giving them the correct care you could be harming them without even knowing it. Every pet owner should take the time to research and understand all about their pets heath so you can enjoy a long and happy life together.[ad_2]