Smoking is one of the leading cause of heart attacks among people in their thirties and forties, but, unfortunately, most people still need an alarming health report and quit smoking only on prescription. What’s worse, when it comes to persuading smokers to quit smoking, health arguments don’t always work.
The majority of smokers want to quit and have tried to quit smoking in the past 12 months, but only around 1% of smokers who try to quit on their own successfully do so. That is because the relapse rate among them is very high. After trying to quit smoking two to three times, they become frustrated and start smoking even more. However, if given psychological counseling, the quit rate improves to 11%.
Anyway, smoker should be motivated enough to quit smoking, or, if we try to think positively, smoker need grave reasons not to smoke during hard smoking cessation period, when nicotine addiction in collaboration with smoker’s mind are going to find tons of reasons to smoke “just one”. Below are just some reasons to quit smoking:
– You will be able to enjoy flowers, food, fresh air, taste of food, etc. far better
– You will be less wrinkly. After 10 years, smoking can speed up your skin’s aging process by narrowing your skin’s blood vessels and damaging the tissues that give the skin its strength and elasticity.
– Quitting smoking will improve the color of your teeth and fingers… otherwise, yes, they are yellow… and will be brown.
– Clean up your children’s lungs. Secondhand smoke is now believed to be a risk factor for children to develop asthma; it also contributes to respiratory infections, such as pneumonia and bronchitis, and ear infections, as well as coughing, wheezing, and decreased lung function.
– You will be more patient. Smoking addiction raises irritation levels. You will be more calm. Addiction causes anxiety that smoking temporarily relieves.
All smokers harbor the secret hope that they will be spared the disease and death that follows nicotine addiction. We tell ourselves we’ll quit in time and somehow dodge the bullet that smoking is. But with four million people dying every year due to tobacco use around the world, the odds are not in our favor. So, quit smoking to be free and have more control over your life. Find more quitting smoking tips at Quit Smoking Pro.[ad_2]